- Our health should be our top priority
- We are ALL globally connected
- Time off will allow you to reflect, set new goals, establish better family dynamics and think about some extracurricular activities you would like to do that you otherwise don’t have time for.
- Limiting social contact allows us to connect inwards vs outward.
- Accepting that unforeseen changes will happen.
- Learning to problem solve, create new habits and not fall into the “victim” and “excuse” mentality
IDEAS FOR WHEN YOU ARE AT HOME
– Pick up an old/new hobby
– Create structure in your day by journaling
-Still get dressed and ready for the day, even if you have no where to go
– Indoor exercise – Try YouTube at home workouts!
– Walk outside or learn about nature with your kids
– Prepare and cook healthy meals with your family
– Play board games, read books, finish a puzzle
– Encourage new conversations and questions to get to know others
– Call or FaceTime a family member or old friend
– Virtual museum tours like this one: https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours